Wednesday, September 29, 2010

MUSIC - JEWEL, SPIRIT

I rarely do album reviews, and trust me this isn't really one.

I simply wanted to let anyone who is in their life spiritual to know few things recarding this album.

The album is Jewel's Spirit.

Even the title gives promise, that is also delivered.
If you have read some Course in Miracles and Ekchart Tolle's Power Now & New Earth, you will love this album.

Why?

Well-- I have gathered some bits of lyrics on each song and added youtube links as well.
So read on and decide if you find it as beautiful and spiritual as well.

   1. "Deep Water" (Kilcher) – 4:16
we've compromised our pride
and sacrificed our health
we have to demand more
not of each other
but more from ourselves


   2. "What's Simple Is True" (Kilcher) – 3:34
'cause the more i live
the more i know
what's simple is true
i love, i love you


   3. "Hands" (Kilcher, Patrick Leonard) – 3:54

If I could tell the world just one thing
It would be that we're all OK
and not to worry 'cause worry is wasteful
and useless in times like these
I won't be made useless
I won't be idle with despair
I will gather myself around my faith
For light does the darkness most fear

My hands are small, I know
But they're not yours, they are my own
But they're not yours, they are my own
and I am never broken

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFLPwv6b3lI
 
4. "Kiss The Flame" - 3:16

there are nightmares on the sidewalks
there are jokes on tv
there are people selling thoughtlessness
with such casualty
but wherefore art thou, romeo
where have all the brave men gone?
show me one man who knows his own heart
to him i shall belong

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEIadjAFrfw

   5. "Down So Long" (Kilcher) – 4:13
i take a trip, i catch a train, i catch a plane
i got a ticket in my hand
and then a man takes my money
and like cattle we all stand


   6. "Innocence Maintained" (Kilcher) – 4:08
a small town in ohio
two boys are filled with violence
and darkness spreads its legs for hate and ignorance
we are given to a god to put our faith therein
but to be forgiven, we must first believe in sin
we've made houses for hatred
it's time we made a place
where people's souls may be seen and made safe
be careful with each other
these fragile flames
for innocence can't be lost
it just needs to be maintained


   7. "Jupiter" (Kilcher) – 4:18
oh, oh jupiter
oh, oh be still my little heart
oh, oh love is a flame neither timid nor tame
take these stars from my crown
let the years fall down
lay me out in firelight
let my skin feel the night
fasten me to your side
say it will be soon
you make me so crazy, baby
could swallow the moon


   8. "Fat Boy" (Kilcher) – 2:54

   9. "Enter from the East" (Kilcher) – 4:02
i went out a-wandering
beneath an unknown sky
the heavens all shook violently
he caught my eye
strange fruit fell
it struck me to the core
my heart became a single flame
it wanted nothing more


  10. "Barcelona" (Kilcher) – 3:53
but if you could hear the voice in my heart it would tell you
i'm afraid i am alone
won't somebody please hold me, release me
show me the meaning of mercy
let me loose
fly, let me fly, let me fly


  11. "Life Uncommon" (Kilcher) – 4:56
lend your voices only to sounds of freedom
no longer lend your strength to that which you wish to be free from
fill your lives with love and bravery
and you shall lead a life uncommon

i've heard your anguish,
i've heard your hearts cry out
we are tired, we are weary, but we aren't worn out 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYjFJQ_AIRc



  12. "Do You" (Kilcher) – 4:21
we shake our fists and say,
"well good golly, we're mad
that god kills children with our very own hands."
we claim innocence and not to understand
or do you, do we?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOVzkz9cLwI

  13. "Absence of Fear" (Kilcher) – 7:25
I am wanting, and...
I am needing you
To be here
Inside the absence of fear
There is this hunger
This restlessness inside of me
And it knows that you're no stranger,
You're my gravity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkmNNyOYbSU

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails