Friday, April 16, 2010

LUCIFER - LIGHT OR DARKNESS?

Lucifer, The Bearer of Light of God, gets such a bad rap.
I have to say I have never believed in Satan or the Devil. Not even as a child or teen when development is all about fear. ( I feared spiders instead. ;) ) I'm not sure if i believed in God either, going to church with school was always something that bored me to no end. it wasn't until I was 13 when I started to understand that Love, God and Light were the same.
These days I know a whole lot about how religion, spirituality and hierarchy match together.
And it is because of that, and the extent of my knowledge of Love and Spirituality that I really have been interested in knowing about Lucifer.

He seems to be a taboo. To mention him is to talk of evil - which I find sad.

I know there are two schools of thought.
One with Fear - Lucifer is the Fallen Angel, Satan, polar entity to Archangel Michael.
One of Light - Luficer is the bearer of God's Light, who never fell from grace and stand next to Michael as his beloved brother.

The Light in me recognizes that Luficer as being of light. A beautiful light an Archangel in his own right, loving, caring, full of Light - which also makes him very powerful. Vessel for light always are.

Just like Mary Magdalena was dupped "The Sinful Woman", a prostitute, a whore - because interpeters of the bible mixed up two Marys together.
Perhaps that is where Luficer got pushed down to rule Hell.

I think careful looking around about Luficer is in order.

Next quote is from one of the lone websites I found where Lucifer isn't automatically the Devil or Satan.
Lucifer means lightbringer, from the Latin lux “light” and ferre “to bear or bring.” The word Lucifer is found in only one place in the Bible — Isaiah 14:12 — but only in the King James and related versions: “How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! . . .” The New Revised Standard Version translates the same passage as “How you are fallen from heaven, O Day Star, Son of Dawn!” In other translations we find: “O shining star of the dawn!”(Moffatt) or “O morning-star, son of the dawn!” (Hebrew Bible). The King James Version is based on the Vulgate, the Latin translation of Jerome. Jerome translated the Hebrew helel (bright or brilliant one) as “lucifer,” which was a reasonable Latin equivalent. And yet it is this lucifer, the bright one or lightbearer, that came to be understood by so many as the name for Satan, Lord of Darkness.

From: http://earthsnewdawn.com/2009/the-truth-about-lucifer/

Valentine’s Jewish Encyclopedia confirms the idea that there is a radical difference between how Satan is conceived in the Old Testament and how he is conceived in the New Testament, and that his new role did not develop from his original role: there are no references to rebellious angels in any pre-Christian book. . . . The figure of Satan in the Hebrew Bible and in the New Testament respectively emphasizes the difference in conception. There is no development, but basic difference... It is only in Christian literature that the Persian idea of two opposing empires, with Satan as God’s enemy, has persisted (Valentine’s Jewish Encyclopedia, A. M. Hyamson & A. M. Silberman eds., Shapiro, Valentine & Co, London, 1938, p. 36).
And then there is this longer passage from in Isaiah 14:12
"When the Lord has given you rest from your pain and turmoil and the hard service with which you were made to serve, you will take up this taunt against the king of Babylon: How the oppressor has ceased! How his insolence has ceased! … How you are fallen from heaven, O Day Star, son of Dawn! How you are cut down to the ground, you who laid the nations low! You said in your heart, "I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit on the mount of assembly on the heights of Zaphon; I will ascend to the tops of the clouds, I will make myself like the Most High." But you are brought down to Sheol, to the depths of the Pit. Those who see you will stare at you, and ponder over you: "Is this the man who made the earth tremble, who shook kingdoms, who made the world like a desert and overthrew its cities, who would not let his prisoners go home?"
The passage refers to the king of Babylon, a man who seemed all-powerful, but who has been brought down to the abode of the dead ("Sheol"). Isaiah promises that the Israelites will be freed and will then be able to use in a taunting song against their oppressor the image of the Morning Star, which rises at dawn as the brightest of the stars, outshining Jupiter and Saturn, but lasting only until the sun appears. This image was used in an old popular Canaanite story that the Morning Star tried to rise high above the clouds and establish himself on the mountain where the gods assembled, in the far north, but was cast down into the underworld.
We all make up our own mind - decide for ourselves.

2 comments:

  1. Indeed. I too have known both Michael & Lucifer all my life. I'm 58 now. They have come to me in beautiful and interesting dream/visions. There is an alpha/omega energy with them. At times, within my dreams, they know each other and sometimes are almost enterchangable. In the last dream of Lucifer (2 days ago) he actually mentioned Michael and gave me insight. Then he told me he has watched me all my life because I seem to see the truth clearly. He quoted from a dream I wrote: "Gray is the path most traveled, and light can't exist without dark."
    I have never been religious, ever. But I do believe that these historical figures are based on actual beings which religions built themselves from.
    Universal spirituality is fine, but not so religions with borders. (My GOD'S bigger than your GOD.) Metaphors can be helpful and fun, but not when taken seriously enough to kill for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the first time I've taken interest in lucifer and it feels ok. I've seen Michael many times and told me " Respect the universe" then this other archangel said" You are the universe" Till this day I'm still not sure who the other angel was but it was gorgeous. What's puzzling was the 2 of them merging as one and my face was shown during that transformation. Lucifer just feels right to me and I intent to get to know him.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails